Warning from the British Ministry of Health about Energy Saving bulbs

These types of bulbs which are called Energy Saving or low Energy bulbs, if broken, cause serious danger!

So much so, that if one breaks, everybody will have to leave the room for at least 15 minutes, because it contains poisonous Mercury which causes migraine, disorientation, imbalances and different other health problems, when inhaled.

It causes many people with allergies, severe skin conditions and other diseases just by touching this substance or inhaling it.

Also the ministry warned NOT to clean the debris of the broken bulb with a vacuum cleaner, because it would spread the contamination to other rooms in the house when using the vacuum cleaner again. It must be cleaned up with a normal broom or brush, be kept in a sealed bag and disposed of right away from the house in a bin for hazardous materials.

Mercury is dangerous, more poisonous than lead or arsenic!

Updated: 2016-07-02 — 19:15:20