A.S.K. Council of Australia is an affiliate of A.S.K. Foundation Inc. of the Philippines and its fund raising arm in Sydney.
All moneys raised will go to A.S.K. Foundation Inc. (Alay sa Kinabukasan sa Kapwa Filipino) whose main objective is to provide logistical and ground work assistance to the Operation Restore Hope (ORH) International Medical Mission, a team of specialist surgeons, anesthetists, dentists, nurses, and other paramedical staff from New Zealand, Germany and Australia. They travel to the Philippines, paying for their own way, donating their time and expertise in changing the lives of under-privileged children with birth defects, facial deformities and burn contractures. ASK Foundation is also responsible in raising funds for all the many various medical expenses crucial to these surgical operations. Every year in the past 16 years, the Mission served the cities of Paranaque, Caloocan & Batangas, having operated on more than 2000 patients. The next mission is scheduled for March 13-20, 2016.
ASK Foundation provides the following services:
- 1. ? Raise awareness in the townships by advertising this free medical mission
- 2. ? Organize & finance the pre-screening of patients (blood works & x-rays)
- 3. ? Organize for the accommodation, transport & meals of all volunteers
- 4. ? Organize for the patients in hospital and their after care
- 5. ? Organize & liaise with the hospital in coordinating the smooth running of
- 6. the Mission
- 7. ? Raise awareness in Australia to achieve the goals of the Mission
The Directors and Members of A.S.K. Council of Australia are the same Directors of ASK Foundation Inc. formed 17 years ago by 10 Filipino-Australian ladies who wanted to give back to their mother country. Below are photos of children who benefitted from ASK Foundation.